04 September 2010

A Spanish Prayer:

This is my current memorzation. I learned it from Marlon yesterday when we were waiting to hike to La Cascada (waterfall). That's another beautiful story in itself, but here's the prayer:

¡O Dios! Refresca y alegra mi espiritú, purifica mi corazón, ilumina mis poderes. Dejo todos mis asuntos en Tus Manos. Tú eres mi guía y mi refugio. Ya no estaré triste ni afligido. Seré un ser feliz y alegre. ¡O Dios¡ Ya no estaré lleo de ansiedad ni dejare que las afliciones me atormenten ni persisteré en las cosas desagradables de la vida. Tú eres más amigo mio que yo lo soy de mi mismo. A Ti me consagro, O Señor.
'Abdul-Bahá
A Translation:

O God! Refresh and gladden my spirit, purify my heart, illumine my powers. I lay all my affairs in Thy hand. Thou art my guide and my refuge. I will no longer be sorrowful or grieved. I will be a happy and joyful being. O God! I will no longer be full of anxiety, nor will I let troubles harass me. I will not dwell on the unpleasant things of life. Thou art more friend to me than I am to myself. I dedicate myself to Thee, O Lord.
'Abdul-Bahá

 

3 comments:

  1. You're AMAZING! I am SO happy I get to live through your blog vicariously. I miss you and love you times a million zillion billion. XOXOXOXOXOXO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the BEST prayer....wow! Shared it with Ginny. It's one to keep. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its definitely one of my favorite: so beautiful in language and content! One of our good friends in Greece is a potter; she made a coffee mug with this quote on it to remind here to start her day with this mentality!

    ReplyDelete