I am on vacations!!!! Hurrah!
Here are some good things and bad things (bad first, because there's very few of them) about my life currently:
1. I went to Esmeraldas and Selva Alegre in the past 3 days. Which means I have mosquito bites, that don't itch, but they are all scabby and gross. Which means that tomorrow, when I arrive in Manta (coast! Good!) and I wear shorts, my legs will be all scabby and gross.
2. For some reason, I have ringworm on my leg. Which grosses me out too.
3. I cried for the first time whilst considering my departure from Ecuador, this place I love so much. And I'm very very sad about this. Its started to become a countdown: will this be the last time I see someone? I have to plan out my vacations because I don't have many left. And this is the weirdest feeling of all: a mixture of dread and excitement.
1. I spent the last few days with Kendy, Dagmar, Geoconda, and Jose Luis traveling to Esmeraldas and Selva Alegre (which literally means "happy jungle") and I got to spend a lot of time with two of my favorite children in the world.
2. A lot of this time was spent on the beach.
3. I ate verdes, which are green bananas that are fried, and I liked them. This is because they don't taste like bananas.
4. The last day, I swam in a river with 3 of my favoritest people in the world. And also helped Kendy learn to "swim" in the river.
5. We cooked over an open fire and had lunch out of banana leaves: the closest I've come to camping since I've been here, and I missed it.
6. One of my favorite prebasica students' newborn sister is named VALERIE! And when I asked his older brother (all of 7 years old) he says his parents named the baby after me. Which I doubt, because I don't actually know their parents. But its still nice to be thought of.
7. The same brother (named Rafael) wasn't studying, so I said "If you don't work at school, I'll just have to come to your house over vacation and make you work then!" as a joke. But the next day, he told me "My mom says you should come over and teach me English over break!" Which I unfortunately can't do, because
8. I AM LEAVING IN LESS THAN 10 MINUTES TO GO TO THE COAST WHERE I WILL VISIT VERY AMAZING PEOPLE AND THEN GO TO NATIONAL CONVENTION! WITH MARYAM!
9. Last night I ate a delicious vegetarian sandwich.
10. I listened to Harry Potter while I packed. Man, I love Harry Potter.
11. My room is finally clean (this morning I couldn't see my bed, and hadn't done laundry for the better part of a month) and so I will come back to clean sheets, visible bed, and clothes I can actually find!
12. My sister Cori decided she's going to Western!!! YAY YAY YAY FOR MY SISTER!!!
13. MY SISTER IS COMING IN ONE MONTH AND 5 DAYS!!!!!!!! HURRAH HURRAH FOR MY SISTER!!!!
Life is good.