07 August 2010

Top 10: Reasons I should go to sleep, but don't want to.

10. It is when I am at my most tired that I write things that I actually enjoy reading when I read them the next morning. Some examples are a) all of my college application essays, b) the journal that I unsuccessfully kept for about 2 weeks in 9th grade and c) that one story I wrote instead of dissecting sentences in 7th grade English class.

9. I very recently got off work (like 52 minutes ago recently) and so I am still used to being on my feet. Which hurt. Don't get me wrong, I love lying on my inflatable mattress, surrounded by packing crates and topping buckets, but I was cleaning and cheerily joking with customers not too long ago. So I'm unwinding.

8. Even more recently then I got off work, I ate a chocolate-covered Original Gourmet Hand Dipped (by me) Ice cream Bar. Which has enough sugar and chocolate to keep a 78 year old narcoleptic awake. Poor little me is wired.

7. The ability to express myself in blog form is addicting. Hence the two posts in a 24-hour period.

6. I enjoy spending time with my computer, which I have named Charlie, after the character in the West Wing (ps: BEST TV SHOW OF ALL TIME) Because he is very helpful, and always has an answer when I've forgotten something, and if I was the President's Daughters Computer, I would totally date him.

5. I got new toothpaste yesterday, and it tastes minty fresh, which is good in the morning, but when I brush my teeth at night, it kind of just wakes me up.

4. I slept in this morning. It was very nice to sleep in.

3. I am able to sleep in tomorrow! Due to my convenient work schedule of working the closing shift each night. Put that night-owl temperment to work.

2. I am thinking a lot of thoughts such as a) my visa that went through! b) my parents, who are berry picking in the Alaskan wilderness (with tasty tasty blueberries) and I'm not with them, which makes me sad (but its probably good practice for c)NEXT YEAR! When I'm in ECUADOR! and d) I would like to write a song with lyrics as clever as those of the Barenaked Ladies. (see: Humor of the Situation)

1. I ran out of reasons at 9. Actually, I was kind of grasping for reasons after number 6. But still. I had to finish, because Top 9 lists are stupid.

Reason #1? I was finishing my top 10 list.

5 comments:

  1. I adore your top ten list. Aren't they addicting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Theres actually 11 things on there. You put #1 twice

    ReplyDelete
  3. The majority of my friends right now are in fairbanks.... YOU, BARUCH, AVA.... then Rachel's off doing who knows what... and everyone else is working. So, haha, Emily is blogging!
    my computer needs a name.... good point.

    oh. and I REALLY don't like how they make me verify my post each time.... i can hardly read the letters half the time

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zayn has yet to leave a comment on MY blog, which I've had for, oh I don't know, MORE THAN 9 MONTHS. Thanks Zayn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Found it!! Can't wait to hear about your wonderful amazing and exciting adventures in Ecuador!! <3

    ReplyDelete