18 January 2011

THE BEST WIDGET EVER

Firstly: Widgets are fabulous. Just the name widget is worth paying attention to. And then the widgets themselves are very cool. Such as the countdown widget that tells me exactly how long until my amazing friends , other amazing friends, and sister come visit me. Or the fish widget that is like those old tamagachi toys except you don't have to clean up their poop.

Secondly: Maps are fabulous. Mercator, Projection, Political, Physical, any type of map is kind of amazing. Especially of the world, because things look so close together. Even Ecuador and Alaska are only a hand span apart...even the distance between Alaska and South Africa can be traversed in a quick spin. And maps are informative, without throwing information at you in the face. They have keys, little treasure maps to knowledge that will tell you everything you need to know with out understanding textbook definitions. They're colorful, and real.

Thirdly: When you put together two fabulous things (See: Firstly and Secondly) you get this widget (lovingly shown to me by Emily):



ITS AMAZING. Click on it if you want one. And how could you not? Its like blogger stats, but 3D-ified and instantaneous. Its brilliant. I feel like Joey Lucas on Election day. LOVE LOVE LOVE.

2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH WHO FROM WASILLA IS READING MY BLOG?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've impressed myself with this posting - as I recently learned what a computer widget is! Now if I could learn what some of the F keys are suppose to do???? Cool widget!!

    ReplyDelete